Due to the closure of libraries in the province, Interlibrary Loan services have been suspended in Alberta for the foreseeable future.
- last updated: March 18th, 2020.
Did you know that your library card gives you access to materials not only at your home library, but all public libraries in Alberta?
You can return borrowed materials to any participating library and it will be sent back to its home library at no charge.
Search for and request physical items (books, dvds, etc.) from any public library in Alberta and have them sent to your local library. Your library account must be in good standing to place requests.
The ME Service allows you to borrow materials in person at any public library in Alberta using your local library card! Please note that electronic content is not available through the ME service due to licensing restrictions.
Eligibility Requirements, your local library account must be:
- In good standing, current and less than $25 owing.
- An account containing a valid email address, first and last name, and a complete mailing address.
- For a resident of a member municipality in Parkland Regional Library System
- For an adult (minors cannot sign up online, but can visit any participating library and sign up in person when accompanied by a parent or guardian.)
Public Libraries can no longer place requests through TAL Online. However, you can still use TAL Online as a discovery tool for the holdings of Academic and Special libraries in Alberta. If you wish to request an item from a non-public library please fill our our Patron Request for Items form.
Questions? Contact us!